- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Information Science & Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Basic Science Department
- Library & Information Centre
- Training & Placement
- Physical Education & Sports
Library & Information Centre
About the Library
“Books permit us to voyage through time, to tap the wisdom of our ancestors. The library connects us with the insight and knowledge, painfully extracted from Nature, of the greatest minds that ever were, with the best teachers, drawn from the entire planet and from all our history, to instruct us without tiring, and to inspire us to make our own contribution to the collective knowledge of the human species. I think the health of our civilization, the depth of our awareness about the underpinnings of our culture and our concern for the future can all be tested by how well we support our libraries.” Carl Sagan, Cosmos
To become world class learning resource Centre in the area of Engineering Education and Research and also to help its parent organization to achieve its goal of becoming an ideal Engineering Institute of highest calibre with state of the art research and high quality education.
The mission of Library is to make its resources available through collection and dissemination of information ,to meet the current curricular and general requirements to authorized users and to sustain, respect and preserve universal knowledge of the past, for the future generations.
• To be user friendly. • Build collections to support teaching, learning ,training, research & development. • Provide access to current and updated information resources. • To help users to find right information at the right time. • To help users in their curriculum activities with knowledge support. • Providing comfortable and learning environment to users.
Library is the spinal column and the soul of NIEIT and carries a vigorous role in teaching, learning, training, research and development; and provides the foremost foundation for distinct research at the college. Library is intended to help academic community to keep up-to-date with the latest advancement in their area of interest and to deliver information sustenance for research and training. Students also utilize library as a source of information in accord with their course curriculum as well as for their self-development. It is a well-planned full automation library that is equipped with latest books and journals on Science & Technology, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Management studies & related area.
Library has 100 seating capacity, state of art digital library, E-Learning Centre, Reference Section, Kannada Section, OPAC Search, Journals/Magazines and Newspaper Section are also available. The Library holds a hybrid collection of printed as well as electronic resources which include books, journals, databases, audio-visuals, CDs/DVDs, e-books, e-journals, reports, , previous years question papers, Bound Volumes, Project Reports, , etc. Currently the library holds over 17690 books, , provides access to Electronic Resources, newspapers and magazines. And also have Institutional membership of DELNET and VTU Consortium. Also, the library has 8 Digital surveillance cameras for the proper vigilance of the library holdings and to avoid misbehaviours ,misplacement, tearing etc.
“Books are for use and not for preservation”,
>With this dictum NIE Institute of Technology Library functions. Hence the Open Access System followed
|Smt. Usha Mani U||Librarian||B.Com, M.Lib.Sc|
|Sri. Ramchandra N R||Assistant Librarian||B.Com, M.Lib.Sc|
|Smt. Kalavathi S R||Library Assistant||M.A, M.L.I.Sc|
|Sri. Gururaj M N||Library Assistant||P.U.C|
|Smt. Vijayakumari||Group - D||S.S.L.C|
- Enter your name with branch and sign in the register kept at the entrance before entering the library.
- Show the books and other materials which are being taken out of the library to the staff at the entrance counter.
- Silence to be maintained.
- Personal belongings are not allowed inside the library.
- Refreshment of any kind shall not be taken anywhere in the library.
- No discussion is permitted inside the library.
- Using cellular phone & audio instruments with or without speaker or headphone is strictly prohibited in the library.
- Personal textbooks, printed materials & issued books are not allowed to be taken inside the library reference section.
Library borrower’s cards:
- Two library cards will be issued per student.
- Library cards are not transferable. The borrower is responsible for the books borrowed on his/her card.
- Take special care to maintain Library Borrower’s cards.
- Books will be issued on the presentation of the library cards for 14 days only. Students are instructed to check the books while borrowing and they will be responsible for any type of damage or mutilation noticed at the time of return.
- A fine amount of Rs1/- per day per book will be charged on overdue books.
- The Librarian may recall any issued book from any member at any time & the member shall return the same immediately.
- If the books are lost the borrower shall replace the books of the same edition or latest edition or pay double cost of the book after getting permission from the Librarian.
- Loss of Library Borrower’s Card should be reported to the Librarian in writing. After checking, they will be issued a fresh replacement card on payment of Re 5/- per card.
- Library Borrower’s cards are valid for the respective academic year only and fresh cards will be issued for each year.
No Due Certificate : At the end of the academic year borrower’s cards shall be returned to the library to obtain No Due Certificate, before the commencement of the written examination or before the issue of Hall tickets from the Office.
Care of Library Books and Journals : Students are require to handle the books or the Journals very carefully. Stealing, marking with pencil/pen, writing or highlighting, tearing the pages or mutilating the same in any other way will be viewed very seriously. In such case student shall be held responsible unless these are brought to the notice of the Library staff at the time of issue.
Open Access System: Library is practicing Open access facility. You are free to choose any book.
Circulation Service :
|Sl.No||Category of Membership||No. of Books||Period of Loan|
|1.||Teaching Faculty||08||One Semester|
|2 .||Non Teaching Staff||02||One Semester|
|3||Students Under Graduate (BE)||02||15 days|
- General books are issued to all eligible members as per their entitlements.
- Loss of library books should be reported to librarian immediately. Overdue fine will be collected till the book is replaced or returned.
- A book can have maximum two renewals.
- Borrowing facility will be withdrawn or restricted in case of misbehaviour in library and misuse of library books.
- The reader has to check the condition of books while borrowing, in case the books are found damaged, mutilated or spoilt while returning, the reader has to replace the same as a new book.
- Books are renewed if there are no reservations against the book.
New arrivals list: This service is provided through the display of new books in new arrivals rack.
The Library offers inter-library loan service to its users for the books not available in the NIEIT library by procuring them from Developing Library Network (DELNET),New Delhi. The NIEIT Library, in turn, also lends its resources to the libraries of other academic institutions.
The Library maintains a separate reference collection consisting of dictionaries, directories, handbooks, etc. Reference books are marked “R” The Reference Section facility is extended to the students, staff and faculty of the Institute from 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. on all working days. Readers may approach the Reference Desk for information or any assistance in the use of the Library Collections and Services.
On-line public access catalogues: The Online Public Access catalog allows for the access of bibliographic databases of the books available in the library.
Reprographic Service: The Library offers photocopying service to all its members, Private photocopying vendor operating from with in the college premises provide copies to all other users. The vendor operates from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm on weekdays.(Shankaracharya Bhavan)
|No. of Books||16006|
|No. of Volumes||2263|
|Daily Newspapers - English||05|
|Daily Newspapers - Kannada||05|
|Daily Magazines - English||06|
|Daily Magazines - Kannada||06|
* DELNET : Library is a member of Developing Library Network (DELNET), New Delhi, Which provides services like browsing of Union catalogue and databases, Union catalogue of books, Union list of current periodicals, Theses and dissertations profile of member libraries, Inter Library Loan, Documents Delivery Services. Interested readers can access the catalogues of other Libraries through DELNET and request the required books/ journals to be procured from these libraries on loan for a limited period.
* VTU Consortium : Library is a member of VTU Consortium for E-Resources, Belagavi. Online Journals are subscribed for all branches of engineering for UG through VTU e-resource consortium.
Library has an IP authenticated Unlimited Access for the below mentioned e-resources which are subscribed through VTU Consortium.
•IEEE-IEL Online:EEE, CSE, Telecommunications & related Allied Disciplines – 273 Journals, 6514 Conference Proceedings, 3043 Standards (Back titles from 1872 to till date)(list of journals, Conference Proceedings & Standards available)
•Springer: EEE, Mechanical, Civil, CSE, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics - 680 journals( back titles from 1997 to till date)
•Elsevier Science : Engg ,CS,EE,ME,EC & Allied branches of Engg – 288 journals( Back Issues from 2000 to 31st March 2015)
•ASCE :Civil Engineering – 35 Journals ( Back file from 1983 to till date)
•Taylor & Francis: Engg, CSE, ME, CV and Allied Science –535 journals(Back issues from 1997-2015)
•Proquest :Engineering and Technology collections -2016 - 3900 Journals and 7800 abstracts( Back Issues from 2000)
•Knimbus Digital Library : presents a single search window to all subscribed resources
•Springer:Engineering & Computer Science - 12235 e-books( list of books available)
•Taylor and Francis (CRC Press e-books) : Engineering and Allied Science - 1000 e-books( list of books available)
E-resources list :
* IEEE Journals list
* IEEE-Standards list
* IEEE- Conference Proceedings list
* ASCE list of titles
* CRC – VTU Journals list
* Knimbus Journals list
* Springer VTU journals list
* Opac- journals – IEL list
* Jettitles list
* CRC e-books list of titles
* Springer e-books list of titles
Digital Library has Wi-Fi connection with 10 systems . The digital library is exclusively meant for the online access of E-Resources , NPTEL , & other Open access journals. These services are IP enabled ,and can be accessed anywhere in the campus
NPTEL:NPTEL is an acronym for National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning which is an initiative by seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee) and Indian Institute of Science (IISc) for creating course contents in engineering and science.
Library has an IP authenticated Unlimited access for more than 953 e- journals, 6514 Conference Proceedings, 3043 standards from IEEE,-IEL online, Springer,& Knimbus Digital Library Platform and 13139 e-books from Springer Link and Taylor & Francis. (CRC press e-books )
|Taylor & Francis||CRC press e-books||www.crcnetbase.com|
|Taylor & Francis||e-Journals||www.tandfonline.com|
|IET Digital Library||e-Journals||digital-library.theiet.org|
* E-books : Click Here
* E-Journals : Click Here
* E-Resources : Click Here
|English Newspapers||Kannada Newspapers||English Magazines||Kannada Magazines|
|Indian Express||Kannada Prabha||Employment News||Karmaveera|
|Star of Mysore||Mysuru Mitra||Frontline||Kasturi|
|The Hindu||Prajavani||India Today||Mayura|
|Times of India||Vijaya Karnataka||Readers Digest||Sudha|