The Department of Mechanical Engineering was established in the year 2013 with an intake of 60 students and affiliation of Visvesvaraya Technological University. The department presently runs an under graduate program. The department comprises of self-motivated, dedicated and well qualified faculty, technical staff and State of the art laboratories to foster the growth of students. Mechanical Engineering Consortium (MEC) is a students’ organization within the department through which all the events are organized in the department. Teaching staff, Technical staff and all the students are the members of MEC.
The department got recognized as VTU research centre from the academic year 2017-18 and is offering MSc. Engineering by research and Ph.D programs. The Faculty members of the Department are actively involved in research and consultancy works in the areas of Composite Materials, Robotics and Industrial Automation, Industrial Management, Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy. ISHRAE@NIEIT, the student chapter of ISHRAE - Indian Society of Heating Refrigeration and Air Conditioning is active from the year 2017 in the Mechanical Engineering Department.
The department has Memorandum of Understanding with companies like Government Tool Room and Training Centre, PAMS Engineering, Premier CADD, iQuest etc., through which the Mechanical Engineering students gets opportunity to do internship, training and final year projects in these companies. NEIIT Mechanical Engineering Department has very good Placements. More than 50% of the students have got placed in the academic year 2017-18. The companies who recruited our students are SPSS South Asia, PAMS Engineering, Aarkay Signs, Maintec Technologies, VIVRT Motors and CallnSolve.
VISION & MISSION VERSION 3.0
To be recognized for excellence in value based education and research manifested through socially conscious engineers and entrepreneurs who can engage in innovative activities
- To impart value based education to the students and enhance their skills to encourage technological innovation.
- To maintain a supportive infrastructure and environment that caters to diversified needs of the academia.
- To encourage lifelong learning and leadership to foster the ability and passion to work creatively & effectively for the betterment of humankind.
- To collaborate with industry and academia to form strategic partnerships.
Program Educational Objectives(PEO)
- Apply basic knowledge of technical fundamentals in areas related to mechanical engineering and allied disciplines to address needs of industry and society.
- Acknowledge the benefits of lifelong learning engulfing sustainable development and higher education.
- Be a competent mechanical engineer in a global arena by demonstrating leadership qualities and professionalism in their chosen field of specialization.
- Communicate effectively as members of multidisciplinary teams.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSO’s)
- Identify, analyze and solve problems related to mechanical engineering and allied disciplines employing appropriate tools and techniques.
- Work effectively in industries or as an entrepreneur by continuous up gradation of relevant skill sets.
- Practise professional ethics while contributing towards the technological and environmental issues of the society
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs)
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.