Electronics & Communication
- Center of Excellence[CEACT]
Electronics and Communication Engineering
Electronics and Communication
Department of ECE has been established in the year 2008 with a vision to impart quality technical education in Electronics & Communication Engineering with commitment and contribute towards Research & Development activities and Consultancy and since then has progressed rapidly and is now regarded as one of the premiere department. The department is privileged with well experienced and qualified faculty and dedicated technical staff. 1 Professor with Ph.D, 1 Associate Professor, 6 Asst. Professors, 3 members pursuing Ph.D, 3 Guest faculties and qualified Technical staffs. Department’s student association “CRYPTECS” is highly active in organizing Co-curricular activities like technical talks by domain experts, industrial visits, technical competitions, sports and cultural activities. Department has well equipped laboratories totaling eight where students are made to utilize their time effectively and getting practically trained by dedicated staff members. Students and staff are highly encouraged and motivated to better their skills by FDP’s, internships and industry institute interaction programs.
VISION & MISSION VERSION 2.1
To be a renowned department producing technically competent and skilled engineers in order to meet the industrial and societal requirements.
- To empower student community with the state of art technology to meet the growing challenges of industry and academia.
- To promote the center of excellence in niche technological area to nurture innovation and creativity.
- To contribute positively towards ethical and value based education by promoting activities addressing the social needs
Program Educational Objectives(PEOs)
- Excell in their Professional Career in Electronics & Communication Engg & related Fields.
- Contribute their knowledge positively in industries including Research & Development.
- Inculcate leadership quality and professional integrity with social responsibility in their profession.
Program Specific Outcomes(PSOs)
- Demonstrate the conceptual domain knowledge with respect to analysis and design of electronic circuits and VLSI systems.
- Design solutions for complex engineering problems in the field of signal processing and data communication.
- Identify and apply modern tools for simulation and synthesis of processor architecture and embedded systems.
- Develop entrepreneur skills and qualities to manage sustainable design solutions.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs)
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.