Electrical & Electronics
- Center of Excellence[CESET]
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Electricals & Electronics
The department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering ever since its inception in 2008 has been in continuous pursuit of excellence in imparting quality education in the field of electrical and electronics.
The department has well qualified and dedicated faculty members; 7 Asst. Professors, 4 members pursuing Ph.D , 2 Guest faculties and qualified non-teaching staff.
The department has published several research papers in National,International conferences and Seminars.
Grant of recognitition to the department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering of NIEIT, Mysuru to offer PhD/MSc(Engg.) . Currently 7 research scholors has been registered under this research center.
For Notification Click Here
VISION & MISSION Version 1.3
To be a Renowned Department committed to resolve technological challenges of the society.
- Facilitate students to acquire academic excellence with relevant teaching learning methodologies.
- Encourage students to strengthen their practical knowledge through continuous industry institute interaction.
- Inculcate students with professional ethics & entrepreneurial skills making them socially responsible.
Program Educational Objectives(PEOs)
- Graduates will Excel in academics pursuing higher education in their chosen field..
- Graduates will possess essential Engineering skills to meet the global industrial Requirements.
- Graduates will excel as an entrepreneur exhibiting ethical behavior and effective communication.
Program Specific Outcomes(PSOs)
- Students will be able to utilise engineering knowledge to design, operate and control electrical Power systems.
- Students will be able to analyse, design, develop, test &s; troubleshoot electronic circuits.
- Students will be able to use modern hardware &s; software tools in solving multidisciplinary engineering problems.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs)
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.