Electrical & Electronics
- Center of Excellence[CESET]
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Electricals & Electronics
The department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering ever since its inception in 2008 has been in continuous pursuit of excellence in imparting quality education in the field of electrical and electronics.
The department has well qualified and dedicated faculty members; 7 Asst. Professors, 4 members pursuing Ph.D , 2 Guest faculties and qualified non-teaching staff.
The department has published several research papers in National,International conferences and Seminars.
Grant of recognitition to the department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering of NIEIT, Mysuru to offer PhD/MSc(Engg.) . Currently 7 research scholors has been registered under this research center.
For Notification Click Here
VISION & MISSION VERSION 2.1
To be a renowned department committed to resolve emerging technological challenges of the society with best engineering practices.
- To facilitate students to acquire academic excellence with best teaching methods from diligent qualified staff.
- To empower the students with practical exposure to develop research oriented solutions by having Industry – Institution collaboration.
- To infuse students with professional ethics & entrepreneurial skills to be socially responsible.
Program Educational Objectives(PEOs)
- Graduates will possess essential Engineering skills that make them confident to solve problems prevailing under various realistic constraints.
- Graduates will excel in their professional careers as an individual and in a team with ethical behavior and effective communication.
- Graduates will exhibit self-learning capability which enables them to constantly update themselves with the technological developments.
Program Specific Outcomes(PSOs)
- Students will be able to utilise engineering knowledge to design, operate, control and maintain electrical power system & its components.
- Students will be able to analyse, design, develop, test & troubleshoot electronic circuits for the effective energy management in electrical system.
- Students will be able to use modern hardware & software tools in solving engineering problems in a multidisciplinary environment using ethical standards.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs)
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.