Computer Science and Engineering
Department of Computer Science and Engineering was established in the year 2008 with the primary objective of providing total quality education in the field of Computer Science and Engineering to meet the challenges in emerging trends by producing quality professionals. The department has excellent infrastructure facilities with a variety of operating platforms to prepare the professional students to conquer the demands of the IT industry, R&D organizations and computer related areas.
The Department offers an excellent academic environment with a team of highly qualified and dedicated faculties. 1 Associate Professor, 7 Asst. Professor, 5 members are pursuing Ph.D, 5 Guest Faculties
The Department has recently signed an MOU with EMC2 to empower the technical skills of faculty and students in the area of storage technologies.
VISION & MISSION VERSION 2.1
To be the pioneer in the field of Computer Science & Engineering through globally competent professionals committed to confer the society at large
- To impart knowledge through innovative teaching in the state-of-art environment.
- To provide a learning ambience to, enhance problem solving skills, implement inventive ideas and drive students towards current trends & technologies.
- To motivate students to inculcate leadership qualities with virtuous team spirit & ethical values.
Program Educational Objectives(PEO)
- Steer students towards cutting edge technology so as to build capabilities to solve real world problems in the field of CSE.
- Drive the students to enhance their skills and embrace new computing technologies through self-directed professional development and continuous learning
- Persuade students to inculcate professional attitude, ethical values, effective communication skills, team work and an ability to relate engineering to global perspective issues
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSO’s)
- The graduates of the program will have the ability to apply mathematical methodologies and management principles to solve computational tasks, model real world problems using appropriate data structure, suitable algorithms, and programming skills.
- The graduates will be able to analyse an information storage problem, derive an information model and demonstrate a rudimentary understanding of programmatic interfaces to database oriented applications.
- The graduates will be able to apply engineering knowledge to solve complex problems in the field of embedded systems and communication networks.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs)
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.